Residential Mental Health Treatment
Our program provides intensive therapeutic intervention for adolescents age 10 to 17 that is outcome focused, family centered and rooted in nature and community. Individualized treatment plans are designed to restore family harmony, stabilize behavior, and instill healthy skills, techniques and respect for self and others.
We hold a mental health certification through the Minnesota Department of Human Services and our services are provided under the supervision of a licensed mental health professional. While participating in our program young people gain and practice essential skills surrounding their diagnosis such as problem solving, communication and coping. Their families also have the opportunity to become a partner in healing with their child.
Learn more about our new boys 10-14 residential group.
- Group and individual psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Psychiatric consultation
- Outpatient substance abuse/chemical dependency program
- Trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy
- Anger management
- Independent living skills
- Cultural education
- Social skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leisure and recreation
EDUCATION AT ROCKRIDGE ACADEMY
- IEP or individual education plan
- Credit recovery
- Transition planning
- Service learning opportunities
- Animal husbandry, 4-H and gardening
Title IV-E eligibility
We accept most Minnesota health plans and other health insurance carriers with proper referral and authorization.
- Youth must be designated as Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) by a current Child and Adolescent Services Intensity Instrument (CASII) diagnostic assessment and in need of residential mental health services
- Youth under court or social service supervision are considered
- Youth can be privately placed
- Peer-oriented males and females ages 12–17