Husbandry Program Specialist
The Hills Youth and Family Services seeks a full-time Husbandry Program Specialist to oversee and maintain the garden and animal husbandry program as an educational opportunity for The Hills Youth and Family Services youth, utilizing husbandry principles, promoting student growth through interactive, experiential education and responsibility. This position will oversee and train youth as they complete animal care ensuring that excellent care is provided.
Skills and Abilities
- Effectively communicate horticultural knowledge and skills to youth in an outdoor experiential setting.
- Build positive relationships with youth and staff.
- Possess strong organizational, communication, written and verbal skills.
- Strong attention to detail with follow-up.
- Ability to work independently.
- Compassion for animals.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Post-secondary or equivalent experience working with farm animals.
- Knowledge of horticultural practices and animals in a barn setting.
- Basic understanding of residential treatment facilities.
- Previous experience working with youth preferred.
- Must be able to life a minimum of 50 pounds.
40 hours per week, up to $19.00 per hour depending on experience.
Click here to view the job description. For consideration, please submit a resume or complete an application.
If you are interested in pursuing a career or internship with us, please check our current employment listing for full- and part-time openings.