The Hills Youth and Family Services seeks a full-time Billing Specialist to oversee all aspects of the 3rd party reimbursement process for services rendered to clients receiving residential and community treatment. The Billing Specialist will be an expert user of the electronic health record software. Will also assist clinical staff with necessary documentation requirements while following DHS, HIPAA and other regulatory guidelines.
The Hills Youth and Family Services is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to providing unwavering hope and opportunity for at-risk youth and their families by providing unparalleled residential, day treatment and community therapeutic services.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years medical billing experience, medical terminology, general knowledge of HIPAA and medical records guidelines. Mental health billing experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with all levels of the organization; including outside vendors, insurance companies, patients and partners. Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills. The ability to function in a multi-task environment, be willing to accept responsibility and work cooperatively with others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and consistently meet deadlines.
Click here to view the job description. For consideration, please submit an application or resume.
The Hills Youth and family Services offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plan, free life insurance, paid vacation, holidays, and paid sick leave.
If you are interested in pursuing a career or internship with us, please check our current employment listing for full- and part-time openings.