Senior Youth Corrections Counselor – Juvenile Justice
The Hills Youth and Family Services seeks driven, self-motivated Senior Youth Care Counselors to work with the adolescents in our residential juvenile justice program. Senior Youth Care Counselors deliver ongoing training to Youth Care Counselors, facilitate skills groups for youth, provide for the basic needs of youth, maintain a safe and healthy learning environment, and guide youth in their interactions utilizing principles of youth empowerment and strength-based intervention.
- Provide on-going youth training to on-line staff at the request of the Supervisor. Formally critique the Youth Care Counselor at the end of the shift and provide a written critique (upon request) to the Supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Provide constructive feedback to on-line staff on a consistent basis to ensure high training standards and expectations are met.
- Work closely with the Supervisor to ensure a safe, productive and supportive work environment is maintained.
- Responsible for the oversight of client clothing inventories and assign responsibilities to on-line staff as needed regarding clothing for clients.
- Provide supervision and oversight to Youth Care Counselors as they conduct skills’ groups under the direction of the Unit Manager or Program Director.
- Assume crisis management duties upon request, in the absence of a Shift Manager.
Skills and Abilities
- Relate both individually and in a group setting to young people and adults in a positive, productive fashion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn and train quickly.
- Good organizational skills.
- Possess working knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Education and Experience
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience working with adolescents and/or adults in a group or team setting.
- Experience in leading, coaching, and/or training others.
- Directly related experience working in a residential treatment setting preferred.
- Degree in Human Services (i.e. Social Work, Psychology, Criminal Justice) preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Varying 8-hour shifts between 6:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m., some weekends and holidays. Wage starting at up to $18.50/hour DOE. The Hills offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical and dental insurance, retirement plan (including company match), paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave, etc.
The Hills Youth and Family Services is a 501(c)3 nonprofit dedicated to providing unwavering hope and opportunity for at-risk youth and their families by providing unparalleled residential, day treatment and community therapeutic services.
Click here to view the job description. For consideration, please submit an application.
If you are interested in pursuing a career or internship with us, please check our current employment listing for full- and part-time openings.