Tutor – Neighborhood Youth Services
The Hills Youth and Family Services is seeking an enthusiastic tutor to work up to 16 hours per week with culturally diverse youth at our Neighborhood Youth Services (NYS) program. NYS is a community-based, after-school program for youth ages 6-18 located in downtown Duluth. The Tutor would be responsible for supporting middle and high school-aged youths’ academic achievement through proactive and on-demand tutoring services offered at NYS.
Skills and Abilities
- Have direct experience working with diverse cultural and socio-economic communities and demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships with youth and families.
- English and math competencies
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have working knowledge of asset development and conflict resolution.
- Possession of current valid driver’s license, preferred
Education and Experience
- Direct experience working with youth ages 12-18 in an academic or similar enrichment environment.
- Working towards or earned Bachelor’s degree in education, human services or similar field with demonstrated experience related to position.
Neighborhood Youth Services’ program is open Monday – Friday, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. during the summer and 2:30 – 7:00 p.m. during the school year. Pay starting at up to $14.00/hour. Position is grant funded.
If you are interested in pursuing a career or internship with us, please check our current employment listing for full- and part-time openings.