The Hills is seeking an enthusiastic tutor to work up to 20 hours per week with culturally diverse youth at our Neighborhood Youth Services (NYS) program. NYS is a community-based, after-school program for youth ages 6-18 located in downtown Duluth. The Tutor would be responsible for supporting middle and high school-aged youths’ academic achievement through proactive and on-demand tutoring services offered at NYS. NYS Tutor will also support off-site field-trips that encourage experiential education.
Skills and Abilities
- Have direct experience working with diverse cultural and socio-economic communities anddemonstrate the ability to build positive relationships with youth and families.
- English and math competencies
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Have working knowledge of asset development and conflict resolution.
- Possession of current valid driver’s license, preferred
Education and Experience
- Direct experience working with youth ages 12-18 in an academic or similar enrichment environment.
- Working towards or earned Bachelor’s degree in education, human services or similar field with demonstrated experience related to position.
Neighborhood Youth Services’ program is open Monday – Friday, 2:30 – 7:00 p.m. during the school year. Pay starting at $13.00/hour. Position is grant funded.
Click here to view the job description. Please submit an application or upload a resume for consideration.
If you are interested in pursuing a career or internship with us, please check our current employment listing for full- and part-time openings.