NYS Youth Worker
Do you want to make a positive impact? Looking for a rewarding career? Apply today to be a youth worker!
The Hills Youth and Family Services is seeking an enthusiastic Youth Worker to work part-time with culturally diverse youth at our Neighborhood Youth Services (NYS) program. NYS is a community-based, after-school program for youth ages 6-18 located in downtown Duluth. Youth Workers are responsible for building positive relationships with youth and families, teaching social skills, and developing and delivering age-appropriate programming activities.
Skills and Abilities
- Have direct experience working with diverse cultural and socio-economic communities and demonstrate the ability to build positive relationships with youth and families.
Education and Experience
- At least two years of direct experience working with youth ages 6-18 in both a learning and recreational environment required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services, education, or related field preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Neighborhood Youth Services’ program is open Monday – Friday, 2:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. during the school year and 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. during the summer. Pay up to $14.60/hour.
If you are interested in pursuing a career or internship with us, please check our current employment listing for full- and part-time openings.