Mental Health Services
You’ll find mental health practitioners and therapists here who go beyond “what” is happening in a young person’s life to determine “why” it is occurring. We believe in being partners in healing with children experiencing mental health issues. We also believe in including and partnering with the entire family through the healing process.
Our entire staff is trained in trauma informed care and all of our mental health professionals are proficient in delivering trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy.
Our comprehensive mental health programs are individualized and treat children and young people, ages 6 and up, experiencing patterns of behavior that may interrupt their daily function at home, at school or in the community.
This program is for adolescents *10 to 17 in need of intensive treatment services. The program offers behavioral stabilization, skill development and therapeutic services. Treatment is outcome focused and family centered.
NOW OPEN, a new unit for boys ages 10-14 in need of intensive treatment services. Learn more.
Two locations available.
Rockridge Academy - for youth unable to remain in their home-based school, therapeutic services are offered Monday through Friday in a safe-structured school setting. Year-round therapeutic services are provided.
Denfeld Location - for youth wishing to remain in their home school (Denfeld or Lincoln), therapeutic services are offered after school at our convenient location across from Denfeld High School.
Children ages 6 and up who have mental or emotional health challenges can be helped through services provided at Cambia Hills’ Washington Center office, near our Neighborhood Youth Services center. Services include Children’s Therapeutic Services and Supports (CTSS).
HOW TO ENROLL
CAMBIA HILLS: MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES
The enrollment process can begin one of two ways:
- Contact our admissions team directly
- Cambia Hill Residential Program call 218.623.6429 or send us an email.
- Cambia Hills Day Treatment Program call 218.623.6445 or send us an email.
- Cambia Hills Community Based Program call 218.623.6476 or send us an email or complete the referral form.
- You can also complete our online referral form:
Note: Please provide assessment reports, social history, disposition report and discharge reports from previous placements. (Youth referred need to be peer-oriented, function above the 80 IQ range, be able to understand “cause and effect” relationships and be physically able to participate in work and recreational programming.)
Prior to placement, a complete admissions/intake packet should be sent to our admissions office. The packet contains program information and consent forms for parent(s) and placing worker.
Openings in our programs change often.
- Current Cambia Hills mental health openings status can be found at mental health services/program openings.
Did You Know...
- In Minnesota, nearly one in every ten children has a serious emotional disturbance that is interfering with social, cognitive and emotional development, according to the Department of Human Services.
- Our name is derived from the word “cambium,” an element found in trees that serves as a protective layer to promote growth. It ties into our wooded campus and parallels the safe environment where growth occurs in young people each day.
Youth attending our residential or day programs receive a full day of education in small classroom settings at our off-campus school. Students follow Independent School District (ISD) 709 curriculum and receive instruction from ISD 709 special education certified instructors. Coursework is tailored to individual need and achievement level using Individual Education Plans where applicable.
- Core subjects are taught and students also enjoy physical education and career exploration
- Title One services are available in the areas of math and language arts
- Students have the option of credit recovery
- A six-week summer school session follows the traditional school year calendar