Cambia Hills: Mental Health Day Treatment
Our program is a resource for youth, ages 12 through 17, who are struggling to manage behaviors and mental health symptoms in home, in school and in their community. Treatment is individualized to help youth and their families understand and cope with mental health, develop skills to better manage crisis and improve functioning in school, at home and in the community.
- Services are available Monday through Friday and provided under the supervision of an onsite licensed clinical supervisor
- Safe and structured school setting with year-round therapeutic services
- Adolescents must meet the Child and Adolescent Services Intensity Instrument indicating mental health services are needed in an outpatient setting.
- Transition services can include after care services for client and family, which can include skill development, connections to community resources, and continued individual and/or family therapy.
- After care services can be offered in the home, at the child’s enrolled/regular school, or at a community location, including our Washington Recreation Center location.
Two convenient locations.
Rockridge Academy – designed for youth unable to remain in their home-based school. Youth attend Rockridge Academy, through ISD 709 – Duluth Public School District and receive therapeutic services year-round at Rockridge.
Denfeld Location – youth remain in their home-based school and attend therapeutic after school at our Denfeld location.
COMMUNITY BASED THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
- Group and individual psychotherapy
- Family therapy
- Individual and group skills
- Family skills
- Trauma focused cognitive behavioral therapy
COMMUNITY BASED CURRICULUM, SKILLS
- Anger management
- Independent living skills
- Cultural education
- Social skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leisure and recreation
- IEP/individual education plan
- Denfeld location will work with youth’s home-base school.
- Transition planning
- Service learning opportunities
- Animal husbandry, 4-H and gardening
Title IV-E eligibility
We accept most Minnesota health plans and other health insurance carriers with proper referral and authorization.
AREAS CURRENTLY SERVED
Duluth, Proctor, Hermantown, Pike Lake, Lakewood, Carlton, Cloquet, Moose Lake, Two Harbors and Esko
- Youth must be designated as Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) by a current Child and Adolescent Services Intensity Instrument (CASII) diagnostic assessment and in need of residential mental health services
- Youth under court or social service supervision are considered
- Youth can be privately placed
- Peer-oriented males and females ages 12–17