ADOLESCENT INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT SUBSTANCE ABUSE TREATMENT PROGRAM
Alcohol and other drug use play an increasingly significant role in the lives and problems of our youth. Through a partnership with the Center for Alcohol and Drug Treatment, young people in our care have access to multi-dimensional Rule 25 chemical dependency assessments and outpatient substance abuse treatment. Young people in need of outpatient chemical dependency treatment receive peer-based assistance as they process their problems with drugs and alcohol. This approach has proven effective with our adolescent population. Our young people support the partnership and appreciate its results.
- Involves individual goals that are established with the young person’s input and participation
- Groups meet two times a week, three hours a session
- Weekly tools are utilized that allow youth to provide feedback on individual goals and the group process
- Aftercare and continuing care services (relapse plans) integrate youth behavior plans with substance abuse treatment
- Services are reimbursable through the Minnesota Consolidated Treatment Fund for eligible youth and/or private insurance
- Available to youth in day or residential treatment programs (a minimum placement of 90 days is needed to access this service)